When thinking of weddings, we immediately think of the damages. It will cost us the venue, guest list, gowns and suits, invites, food among other things. Then, there’s the theme to think about. A whimsical wedding at Blue Gardens, Quezon … Continue reading
This is a simple checklist to keep your head in the game. Preparing ahead of time is key to pulling off anything. Don’t sweat the small stuff and make sure no details are missed on during the big day. Continue reading
Most people love the summertime – the warmth of sun, the blooming flowers, and the spectacular night sky. It is no wonder that given the chance, many brides would prefer to be wedded during this time as opposed to doing it during the rainy days. If you’re one of these women, holding a summer affair may just be the perfect opportunity for you to shine. Be extra-radiant when your special day comes. Here is a quick guide to arrange a successful wedding during the dry seasons.
Venue. One of the first points to consider is the place where you’ll exchange solemn vows with your significant other. It has got to be in an outdoor location so you can take advantage of the earth being so alive! A popular choice would be in a garden such as The Oasis or 55 Events Place. You’ll be surrounded by the beauty of nature from the fragrant roses, to the tall trees and lively skies. You may opt to do it in your own backyard too, if you’re aiming for a more intimate event. Another preferred option would be to plan for a destination wedding in beaches found in the Boracay Island or Coron, Palawan. From the calm sea to the sparkly sands to the fresh air, you’ll be guaranteed to enjoy a serene and private ceremony. Whichever you decide, always keep your aim to the goal: to make it as unforgettable as possible as this happens only once in a lifetime.
Date. Setting the month can be a lil tricky. Would you have it on December, January, April or May? Which brings the most significance to you as a couple? Remember that majority loves this season so you may need to create a good game-plan to ensure the best experience for everyone. When it comes to timing, should you go for a morning, afternoon or evening rendezvous? Be sure to record the highs and lows or change in temperature. Having it during noontime may be too hot and certain parts in the afternoon may produce glaring sunlight. Choose an hour that would provide cloud cover so you can bask on the great outdoors. Consult your photographer to attain those flawless shots.
Motif. Aim for shades ranging from white, yellow, orange and anything bright. Selecting the right colors can do wonders in achieving a relaxing and stunningly beautiful atmosphere. Be imaginative in incorporating items that you can associate with the sunny weather – fashionable straw hats for the ladies or stylish sunglasses for the gents.
Theme. When you conceptualize, think about how you can exude a fun and blissful ambience memorable enough for all the people who’ll witness the occasion. Make a checklist on the decorations to use, the food and beverages to serve. If the chairs are made of metal or plastic, cover it up with cool linens to protect from the scorching heat. Offer lemonades, punches or mojitos to refresh the attendees. Have extra ice for the drinks. Perhaps you can utilize fans and distribute them as souvenirs too.
Special items. Weigh in the things that would give utmost comfort to the guests. Have portable electric fans, AC units and hand-held cooling devices readily available anytime. Setup tents to shade everybody in case the glare of the sun becomes intolerable.
It is recommended that every couple should have a shot list in mind when they scout for the person who’d do their photographs. In this way, aside from the usual must-takes, the photographer would also know if the special requests and preferences made are possible and doable. Whether it’s a catholic wedding on a historic place like Binondo Church or San Agustin Church, an intimate garden affair on The Glass Garden or The Oasis, or it would be done on a secluded beach in the magnificent Boracay Island or Colon, Palawan, here is a quick checklist of the portions during the ceremony that are most essential to take.
- Guests arriving and the ushers guiding them to their seats.
- Everyone’s expressions. Search for raw emotions and unguarded moments.
- The groom’s limo from afar and up close.
- The bride’s limo from afar and up close.
- Him exiting his limousine.
- Her stepping out of the bridal car. Her right leg on the ground while the rest of the body still inside. Close-up expression as soon as she sees everybody.
- Spectators’ faces on the first view of her.
During the ceremony.
- The choir and the processional music area.
- The groom waiting at the altar with his bestman and the church official.
- The procession. Groomsmen and bridesmaids partnered with each other as they march towards their seats one at a time. The ring bearer and flower girl following closely. The whole entourage.
- The bride with her father walking down the aisle. Her side profile, front and back. The future husband’s face upon seeing his lady for the first time.
- The father giving away his daughter. Her mom gazing from a distance.
- The holding of hands.
- The priest or minister officiating the wedding. If applicable, the bible readers, the chalice being raised, the sign of peace and receipt of communion.
- The exchange of rings and vows. Zoom in to their hands and rings to capture the essence of the union. The looks they’re wearing while uttering their promises. Their parents’ emotion in between.
- The kiss. Close-up and otherwise.
- Them being introduced to everyone as man and wife. People clapping and happy.
- In groups and with family in front of the altar. Optional.
- The couple leaving. Flying confetti and birdseed thrown and showered. Well wishes from attendees.
- The newlyweds on their way to the reception.
Aside from the celebration of the love between a marrying couple, the bride is the focus of every wedding. Everything concerning the bride is much prepared and awaited for such as the bridal gown, the shoes, the make-up, and the hairstyle. Basically, the whole styling of the bride is often anticipated by many of the guests.
In deciding on the whole look of the bride, several factors come into place. One is the personal preference of the bride which also often dictates the styling of the whole wedding. The venue, whether it is as grand as Palacio de Maynila or as simple as a small private restaurant, is also often considered when deciding on the styling of the bride.
The bride’s hairstyle, albeit not as big as what the bride will wear, has a big impact on the overall look of the bride. Among the trends reappearing especially with the increasing popularity of garden weddings, is the use of real flowers on the bride’s hair. Instead of using hair accessories, various flowers can be used to adorn and enhance the bridal hairstyle. This kind of hairstyle is also perfect for garden-themed venues such as The Oasis and Fernwood Gardens.
Below are some of the best flowers that can be used on bridal hairstyles.
Gardenia. There are many things going for this flower that makes it an excellent choice for the bridal hairstyle. Gardenias are perfect in size for the one-flower bridal hairstyles. A single gardenia is intricate enough with its beautifully-layered white petals that will surely match any bridal gown. These flowers are often placed on the sides of whatever hairstyle the bride has chosen. While some choose to have only one flower, it is also a popular option to use a cluster of two to three flowers.Stephanotis. It is not a coincidence that one of the names by which this flower is known is the name “bridal veil”. Several pieces of stephanotis are often used in bridal hairstyles and they exude the pristine and dainty look. However, this type of flower can be a bit pricey. It also has a nice fragrance and a flower can hold up really well even if you wear it for hours on your hair..Orchids. For those who prefer to have a little color in their hair, orchids are excellent choices. There are many options when it comes to color and they do not carry very strong scents. It is not unheard of to use vibrant-colored orchids for those who want more than a hint of color to their whole outfit.
It seems that big events are becoming very common nowadays. From big splashy weddings to grand flashy first birthdays, the trend seems to be the bigger, the better. However, a big event comes with an equally big bill which is why sometimes it is more reasonable to just have a small and simple event instead. The tendency for big events has made finding a venue in Makati City for a big event quite easy. What people actually struggle with nowadays is finding a good venue for a reasonably small event. If you are planning a small event soon and would like to have it in Makati, below are some good venues you may want to consider.
- Hotels. Aside from Manila, Makati is probably the city that has the most number of hotels in it. Whether the hotel is a luxurious five-star hotel or a quaint inn, chances are it has function rooms that you can rent for your event. The good thing about hotels is that you can ask them to handle the catering as well so that you do not have to look for catering in Makati. You can also discuss other hotel services and promos you might be able to avail of such as discounted room rates for guests or participants of your event.
- Condominiums. Makati is also home to numerous condominiums or apartment buildings. Many of these buildings have function rooms or areas that you can rent. However, some condominium buildings require that you are a resident of the building or that you have an endorsement from a resident.
- Galleries. There are some small galleries in Makati that you can rent for your event. Galleries are perfect for events that involve a lot of mingling around. Cocktails are often part of the menu for events held in galleries.
- Restaurants. With the number of restaurants in Makati, you will surely find one that suits your requirements for your event. If the restaurant is small enough, you might even be able to request the exclusive use of the restaurant for a particular duration. Bigger restaurants, on the other hand, often have separate areas that you can use for small gatherings. It is also not unheard of to use at least an area in a restaurant bar or club for various celebrations.
The key to finding the perfect venue is by being clear with what you want and focusing your search to those that fit your requirements. With the more than an adequate number of potential venues in Makati, you will surely find one that will help make your event a success.